EngineerBlogs.org is officially one year old! Our first post was January 13th, 2011. Crazy! It feels like it’s a lot more, but I guess that’s what happens after posting once per week (a quick look at my other sites and you see why 1x per week seems like a lot to me).
First and foremost, I’d like to personally thank all of our readers. Your wonderful feedback has encouraged us to keep writing and producing what we hope continues to be good content. The field of engineering is not a field littered with authors, so I’m glad we managed to cobble together some great minds and pens (and at a wonderful price!). We will continue to try and come up with interesting and relevant topics throughout the next year, as well as add new voices to the conversation.
So let’s look back at this year. What did this year look like in terms of blog stats?
- 294 posts
- 8 full time and 3 guest authors
- 176,249 pageviews
- 249 followers of our Twitter account and 149 on our Facebook page (both are easy ways to get notified of new posts)
- 307 subscribers to our Feedburner feed
- $0 taken in advertising
The topics of some of our top posts have been an interesting insight into what engineers are interested in reading about (and some…not so much). They are often influenced not just by who is reading our site but also who is sending web traffic our way. We have seen some great bumps in the past due to being included/linked to in large scale publications. Here are our most popular posts, in order:
- Expectations And Starting Electrical Engineer Salaries
- Transistor Interview Questions
- Ask The Readers: Would You Marry An Engineer?
- Engineering Comics (That Aren’t Dilbert)
- The Hare and the Tortoise – Deadlines
- Wiggle It – Just A Little Bit | EMC
- Pro/E, My love-hate relationship
- Women, Engineering, and Perception
- Remedial Tinkering Class
- Weekend Journal: Vegas for Engineers